[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Eight years of PQE experience with broad financial and operational experience including position as financial controller in TDCA Roshan. Responsibilities included analyzing current financial performance and lead initiatives to improve profits, cost controls and risk management, production of group consolidated results, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, KPI and benchmarking, IFRS and GAAP&;s, working closely with external and internal auditors and various advisors.
Lead HQ and country finance teams and investment and financing operations offshore and onshore. Manage company&;s taxation, liquidity and treasury whilst reducing tax charge and financial costs. Significant knowledge of accounting, business and tactical planning, MIS, internal and external reporting.
Finalist ACCA Association of Certified Charted Accountant ACCA Central Quay Hyde Park Street Glasgow G United Kingdom.
Sr. Finance Manager
Etisalat Afghanistan Telecommunication Company Ehsan Plaza between Hajji Yaqoob & Shaheed Square Share e now Kabul Afghanistan
Background of Etisalat
Etisalat Afghanistan is wholly subsidiary of Etisalat UAE with M + subs operating across countries covering ~.b population + roaming agreements, $B + Markup and superior credit rating all over the world.
* Supervising and preparing monthly managements accounts for CFO and management board.
* Supervising and preparing quarterly and semi annually financial statements for the PWC auditors and the shareholders.
* Supervising and preparing financial statements in various templates for the head office.
* Training and developing staff in finance and within the company and making them aware on the importance in provide the information for booking accruals analyzing their budget reports.
* Establishes and maintains payables operations with the Corporate Payables team supporting the business
* Provides managerial and operational leadership for the Accounts Payable team for daytoday activities such as processing payments, resolving customer inquiries and managing ongoing monthly activities e.g. month end accruals, reconciliations, etc.
* Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Accounts Payable team including performance management and recruitment. Manage the workflow and ensure equal distribution of work among the team.
* Provide/analyze reports that show productivity by individual. Hands on processing as needed.
* Assist with month end and year end accruals, postings, etc. Coordinate with compliance team and/or Internal Audit for audit purposes.
* Maintaining SLAs of the payment as per the company police, analyzing the and taking action the aging reports
* Other projects / assignments as appropriate. Functional Area : Accounts, Finance, Tax, CS, Audit
* Supervising the accounting and bookkeeping.
* Making sure the post bills are validated and coordinated with IT department and are dispatch to the customers on timely bases
* Interconnect invoices are settled on time and are reconciled with the carriers on timely bases and are adjusted in the accounts accordingly.
* Analyzing and preparing the aging reports for the management and any overdue invoices are followed up with the customers regularly
* Resolving Customers queries are helping them to use the network and pay promptly.
* Preparing cash forecast and cash budgeting to ensure the cash flows are maintained and funds are available when payments are due
* Closing looking to the managing the working capital
* Managing petty cash and building relationships with the banks
* Exchanging cash in various currencies needed with negotiating and getting reasonable rates from the banks
* Managing funds within the accounts to maintain the balance of liquidity and profitability.
Preparing reports for the management
* Supervising the KPI reports that are being sent to the head office as per their requirement on monthly basis including the coordination of collecting the data for the functional departments.
* Giving idea on cost reduction and cost control by preparing ad hoc reports based on requirements.
* Making presentation for the management on various matters such as taxations, inventory, payroll, along with comparisons with industry and periods
* Other tasks assigned by management on day to day bases.
* We are currently implementing a new ERP system called Axapta a Microsoft product so helping finance and functional teams in the implementation of this project.
Telecom Development Company Afghanistan TDCA/Roshan House , Street , Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul, Afghanistan
Background of TDCA Roshan
Roshan is the leading GSM Mobile services provider, the largest telecom operation in Afghanistan and the most advanced network serving over million active subscribers, invested more the $ millions in CAPEX, over $ Million turnover per year EBITA of $ million per year, over BTS station providing services all over Afghanistan, over direct employees, providing thousands of indirect job to the people of the country.
* Manage in the process of developing and reviewing budgets for fundraising, board and internal proposals.
* Provide accurate cashflow projections to the Finance SubCommittee.
* Provide accurate Rolling forecast to the CFO and Management board
* Provide accurate Reforecast to take into consideration of the current circumstances
* Provide monthly budget reports to the company and to budget holders, working closely with them to enable them to make accurate decisions.
* Work on the development of the annual budget.
. Annual accounts
* Lead on any recommendations that are suggested in the audit report or management letter.
* Act as the first point of contact for the auditors, and communicate with them to ensure all questions can be answered efficiently.
* Reviewing and training the managers to prepare Annual statutory accounts.
* Communicating the annual accounts to the relevant stakeholders such as Government, senior lenders and shareholders.
. Management Support
* Ensure timely payment of debtors and invoicing of creditors.
* Oversee payroll pension and tax contribution payments, in conjunction with company&;s payroll bureau
* Administer the bank accounts and investment activity of company as requested by the FSC
* Administer the work of the finance committee.
* Support company&;s fundraising efforts through the provision of information for reporting purposes.
* Ensure company maximizes its income through gift aid.
. Financial procedures
* Develop and maintain thorough financial procedures for the organization including staff payroll, LTO Revenue, National Insurance and pension systems, invoice/payments etc.
* Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements
* Ensure financial policies are being adhered to as set out in the COMPANY financial guidelines.
* Review financial guidelines with company and Finance Subcommittee annually.
. Corporate Responsibilities
* Ensure that company acts in a manner to minimize fraud.
* Attend supervision, team meetings, training and other meetings as required.
* Manage a member of staff in line with company&;s policies, procedures and ethos.
* Maintain effective working relationships with company&;s external partners.
* Work towards the achievement of company&;s threeyear strategy and annual business plans.
* Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post
Accounting & Finance Manager
. Preparation of Management accounts
* Preparation of financial statements on monthly/quarterly and annual basis for the management board and board of directors.
* Ensure the prepayment and accruals are booked by the team properly.
* Ensure that the balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled by the team and schedule of the same are prepared on periodic basis.
* Ensure the Cash accounts are properly reconciled and schedule are properly signed by the relevant individuals
* Ensure the monthly closing files are maintained properly to support the revenue, expenses and balance sheet items in the financial statements.
* Ensure that the team reconcile the FAR with the GL and provide accurate information for the CAPEX related information to the decision makers of the company
* Ensure that the team reconciles the tradable inventory with the GL, stores and warehouse on monthly basis to avoid any fraud and miss use of the inventory.
. Preparation of statutory financial statements US GAAP
* Coordinating and conducting the interim and final audit of TDCA Roshan conducted by KPMG.
* Preparation of financial statements on US GAAP standards for the company external Auditors
* Assisting the financial controller on providing other information to the auditors based on their requisition
* Assisting accounts payable and receivables managers on sending and receiving confirmation proposed by the auditors.
* Assisting the Financial controller and finance directors and CFO on responding to the auditors on the management representation letter, management letter and engagements letters.
* Coordinating the auditors requirements with functional departments, legal department, HR,CFO, CEO.
. Implementation of ERP system
* Administrations of the ERP system Great Plains for TDCA.
* Implementation of Chart of accounts for TDCA
* Implementation of various modules in the company such as receivable & collections, payable, cash management, inventory, Fixed Assets and etc to management the requirement of the company.
* Implementation of internal controls on all the activities within Great Plains to ensure the system is not misused, avoid fraudulent actions and ensure all these modules are working properly.
* Reviewing the setups on the ERP system periodically to avoid and problem
* Reviewing and approving of creation and closing of master records within the system
. Delegation, training and development of team
* Developing the knowledge of the employee in Accounting, Management leadership and ERP system in the finance department.
* Developing awareness of functional departments on internal controls, skill, knowledge on accounting, finance and budgeting.
* Developing the knowledge of team in financial reporting, CAPEX management, investment appraisals and etc.
. Assisting financial controller/Finance director in the Preparation Budget
* Participating and assisting in the budget preparation cycle with financial controller and finance director for TDCA.
* Participation in MIS meeting report within the company functional department for budget control purpose Actual vs. Budget.
* Monitoring and implementing a sound control system to ensure the budget of the functional departments are not over spend
* Calculating and validating of taxes such as Business receipt tax BRT, license fees, wages withholding, rental withholding, withholding taxes on payment % and % and interest withholding taxes.
* Preparation of corporate income tax return for TDCA.
* Liaising with the Government officials and legal department on the tax issues and other finance relating issues representing TDCA Roshan.
* Surprising and coordinating of tax assessments, auditing by the LTO large tax office from the ministry of finance.
. Other daily tasks
* Approving operating expenses, Capital expenditure and cost of sales items requesting forms on daily basis
* Validating the reconciliation of tradable and non tradable inventory of TDCA on monthly basis.
* Providing information to the management for decision making purpose which enable them to use for analyzing on the competitive market;
* Preparing policy related to authorization, limits of approval, deprecation, allocation of inventory, write of, provision with the senior management of TDCA ;
* Such other work which would be assigned from time to time;
Deputy Accounting & Finance Manager
Telecom Development Company Afghanistan TDCA/Roshan House , Street , Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Accounting Group Leader
Telecom Development Company Afghanistan TDCA/Roshan House , Street , Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul.
Regional Accounting Supervisor
Telecom Development Company Afghanistan TDCA/Roshan House , Street , Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul.
Jan Present ACCA Central Quay Hyde Park Street Glasgow G United Kingdom.
ACCA Association of Certified Charted Accountant passing / papers the remaining papers are expecting to Completed by June . Subjects studied
* Accountants in Business
* Management accountants
* Financial accounting
* Corporate and Business Law
* Performance Management
* Financial Reporting
* Audit and Assurance
* Financial management
* Professional Accountant
* Corporate Reporting
* Business Analysis
* Advance Performance management
* Advance Taxations
May Dec ACCA Central Quay Hyde Park Street Glasgow G United Kingdom.
CAT Certified Accounting Technician from ACCA Subjects Studied
* Recording Financial Transactions
* Information and Management Controls
* Maintaining Financial Record
* Accounting For Costs
* Managing People and Systems
* Drafting Financial Statements
* Planning Control and Performance Management
* Implementing Audit Procedures
* Managing Finances
* Preparing Taxation computations
Diploma in Business Administration DBA
May to May Kardan Institute of Business Administration, Kabul, Afghanistan
* Basic Accounting
* Basic Management
* Effective Business Communication
* Advanced Accounting
* Principles of Management
* HRM Human Recourses management
* Monitoring and evaluation
* Financial Management
* Project management
* Commercial Law
* Project/ Effective business communication II
DIT Diploma in Information Technology
April Oct IHEP Islamic Help Educational Program Academy, Quetta, Pakistan
Dos, Operating System, MS Office MS Word, MS Excel MS Power Point, Ms Access, MS Front Page Web Development HTML, Front Page, Graphics Designing Corel Draw, In Page,Internet and Ms Access
DEL Diploma in English Language
to , Challenger Academy Quetta, Pakistan
High School Baccalaureate
to , Science Taqwa High School Quetta, Pakistan
Primary and Secondary School
to , Al Taqwa High School Peshawar, Pakistan.
th November th of November
Participating in Leadership Master Classes in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia ember
th November th of November
Participating in st Management Master classes Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
th April th April
Participating in Customer life value management in Dubai Organized by Delta Partners
th December th December
Participating in Second phase of Customer life value management in Dubai Organized by Delta Partners
Participated in events organized by TDCA management Kick of meeting, management training, communication training, opening ceremonies, social programs and etc
Spoken Written Understanding
* Pashtu Native Excellent Excellent
* Dari Excellent Excellent Excellent
* English Excellent Excellent Excellent
* Urdu Excellent Good Excellent
Mr. Tony Dambriunas USA
Former CFO TDCA Roshan. Currently head of internal audit TDCA Roshan
Email: Phone: +
Mr. Karim Punja Canada
Former Financial Director TDCA Roshan
Eng. Abdullah Zamir Afghanistan
Sr. Program Officer
UNHCR OCM, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: + , + Email:
Mr. Iftikhar Moghal Pakistan
Former Financial controller TDCA Roshan
Currently Sr. Audit manger PWC
Email: Phone: +
Mr. Amit Maheshwari India
Former Senior Finance Manager TDCA Roshan
Currently Finance Manager Maret Research Company Bangalore, India
Email: Phone: +
DOB: th February,
Physical Health: Excellent
Current address: Kabul, Afghanistan
Contact numbers: + and +