Resume for Nigel T. for Consultant / Telecommunications Services in St Sulpice, Switzerland
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
A Senior Management Professional with international experience across several industries,
including Petrochemical, Transport Infrastructure, Building Design & Construction, Telecoms,
Pharma and IT.
An exceptional communicator, peoplemanager and relationship builder, delivering business
change programmes from vision to deployment. An expert in Performance Management, from
individuals to major contractors. An entrepreneur with broad experience of all aspects of business.
Cellsite, Switzerland [Owner] Present
Programme Manager, General Management Consultant & Entrepreneur
Nigel created Cellsite S rl, a Swiss registered company in , following a year contract managing the initial
rollout of the Orange Switzerland mobile network. Cellsite derives its income from a mix of consulting engagements
and business ventures.
Consulting engagements are in the following areas:
o Telecom rollout & major Swap management
o Design & Construction management
o Business process development and reengineering
o Performance management
o Project Rescue
o Marketing & Sales
o Project Management coaching and continuous improvement programmes
o Startup advisor
Business interests include:
o Telecom equipment sales – towers, antennas, cables, energy saving systems etc
o Tower strengthening company
o Internet marketing & ecommerce, Web Marketing Strategy for SMEs
o Digital Signage
The following is a selection of assignments and ventures undertaken by Cellsite since its formation in .
Programme Rescue and Completion – EDGE Swap project $M Nokia, Zurich Full managed Services
[ – ]
• Brought in as a trouble shooter months into the Nokia Turnkey EDGE project for Sunrise Switzerland to
rescue the struggling Network Operations Centre NOC – located within Sunrise Network operations Centre
and quadrupled integration output within weeks, meeting Phase I target of sites integrated, generally
thought to be impossible.
• Transformed the NOC from project bottleneck to project driver, through BPR & cultural change, radically
changing existing working practices and overcoming significant resistance to change.
• Set up Project Governance and introduced Performance Management tools.
• Introduced and rigorously monitored & analysed KPIs across the projects, enabling key business decisions, e.g.
highlight subcontractor training needs, jettison unprofitable inhouse equipment prefit facility, renegotiate
acceptance criteria with client, forecast staffing levels
• After months, made Head of Network Planning & System Integration department people, nationalities
with responsibility for budget, resource & delivery.
• Completed final rollout of sites weeks ahead of schedule with all cleanup issues completed.
Project Rescue – Radiation Emission Compliance Project. Nokia, Zurich Managed Service 
• NIS Compliancy Radiation Measurement of base station sites project for Nokia in serious trouble, in
terms of progress clarity, stakeholder management and client confidence in delivery of a businesscritical
• Redesigned project tracking mechanism from scratch, enabling transparent and comprehensive daily client
• Restored broken relationships with customer senior management.
• Managed performance of subcontracting & consulting firms, achieving completion in time for regulatory audit.
Project Management Coach & Organizational Development Consultant Merck Serono, Geneva
 Development of Continuous Improvement Programme, encompassing Organization, Processes & Tools
• Coaching Project and Programme Managers within Pharma Corporate Information Services
• Writing new, and reengineering existing business processes to align SDLC with customised PMI methodology
including Quality Deployment Process, Programme Management, Project Management, Risk Management &
• KPI definition, measurement & reporting methodology Department & Project level
• Workshop facilitator for process development reviews
• Rescue of a Marketing IT project
Interim Marketing Director EMEA Swedish tower & accessory supplier MAFI AB [, , ]
• Swedish market leader in its field needed assistance to break into other markets
• Lead generation throughout EMEA, securing numerous tender invitations
• Presentations to more than companies throughout UK, Netherlands & Belgium
• Set up distribution channels for company’s products in UK, Netherlands & Belgium
• Branding strategy and developing Internet presence
Managed Service Bid Consultant ZTE [Telecom Equipment Vendor] Paris & Lausanne 
• Advice on managed services organization & processes to roll out tens of thousands of base stations
• Development of a swap project rollout planning tool
• Author of project implementation plan
Interim Director Finance & Strategy Swiss telecom subcontractor, Zurich 
• Reorganised accounting system
• Negotiated new product representation contracts
• Determined bid strategy and led RFP submittals
Consultant to Swedish telecom technology excellence centre Mora Telemastic Centre 
• Secured funding for client from Swedish Design Council
• Managed design of standard rollout model
Interim business development manager – Swedish manufacturer of freecooling systems Systemair AB
• Managed marketing & system trials of telecom shelter freecooling system in UK & Switzerland.
Marketing Director & Shareholder – Specialist tower strengthening company Connex UK [ – present]
• Designed & implemented marketing strategy in UK & Switzerland
Business Consultant – Major Swiss telecom contractor Casaplan AG [ – ]
• Advice on bid strategy & contractual matters
• Advice on exit strategy, leading to successful sale to private equity group
Acquisition Contract [Casaplan AG] for distributed antenna network and Pico cells for indoor coverage in
Neuchatel, CH 
Market Intelligence Consultant – Galliford Try Communications 
Design of project management training courses for rollout PMs Orange Switzerland 
Rollout Process Consultant – Orange Sweden 
Design contract for Base stations in Stockholm – Orange Sweden 
Orange Communications SA Switzerland Mobile Telecom Operator [Lausanne]
Head of Design & Construction
Task: Establish a design & construction department in a brand new territory. Establish design standards. Recruit
expat staff for an initial period and train local staff to become competent telecom construction project managers
and understand Orange culture. Execute very fast network rollout including Lausanne Switch Centre, West BSCs,
coverage of all major road tunnels in West region, special events coverage, Indoor Coverage and other special
projects. Procure, manage & train local contractors & consultants.
Action & Results:
• Recruited, managed & coached expat and Swiss construction project managers, site inspectors and technical &
admin support staff. staff
• Achieved all launch targets in spite of fierce political opposition to rollout and inexperienced external
• Managed transition from expat staff to local Swiss staff.
Orange PCS Ltd UK Mobile Telecom Operator [Birmingham]
Consultant Project Manager specializing in Network rollout and complex upgrades
Task: Establish a process for planning & constructing complex upgrades to minimise downtime and maximise
rollout rate. Manage upgrade rollout and train other PM’s in methodology.
Action & Results:
• Developed upgrade process incorporating several radical and elegant design solutions that became company
• Responsible for management of over major BTS site upgrades in Midlands, Southwest & Northern Ireland
Approx. build value £M
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!