Resume for Gary H. for Consultant / Telecommunications Services in sydney, Australia
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Curriculum Vitae for Gary H.
Personal Mission Statement:
“To make a difference and be a positive influence in whatever task I
undertake, be it professional, recreational or personal”
Gary Francis H.
Cedarwood Drive, Cherrybrook, NSW
MSc Telecommunications Engineering.
University Of Essex, Colchester, England
BA Hons / Telecommunications Engineering.
University of Essex, Colchester, England
Chartered Engineer, MIET UK
Key Strengths and Attributes
• Proven Team Leader; Engineering and Operations team management and bid team
leadership pulling together multi skilled teams to meet goals and deadlines
• Extensive experience with client relationships and expectation fulfilment.
• Strong work ethic, committed to making things happen.
• Over Years experience in Senior Roles within telecommunications industry,
years as a director of one of Australia’s leading independent consultancy groups,
together with many years in Network Engineering and Operations.
• Financial intelligence and judgement.
• Reports and communicates at all levels, CEO, CTO, and Senior Management
• Extensive vendor selection and management experience,
• Experienced with delivery and integration of Next Generation Networks Radio Access
Networks and OSS/BOSS
Current Role. Independent Consultant/Contractor. October
Formed own company TNH Teleconsult, to pursue career as professional consultant and
expert service provider to mainstream Telecommunications Industry.
March –November , IBM Network Management NBNCo OSS Project
Engaged by IBM to bring deep Telecommunication Engineering and Operations
experience to the IBM GSA project team developing and delivering NBN Co OSS/BSS
• Leading a team of Business Analysts within the IBM NBNCo OSS delivery project, with
responsibility for functional requirements definition and traceability, acceptance criteria and
engaging with the client to ensure project acceptance.
• Senior IBM representative interfacing with NBNCo executive management at their Network
Support and Operations Centre
• Lead technical specialist for the development of business processes to
support Network Operations in the areas of event, incident, change and problem
• Participated in the development of initial IT interactions and
requirements and specifications for the NBN Telstra Definitive
• NBN Operations Management specifically mentioned to IBM Senior
Management on the positive support provided to the Operations Team
July and August Bid Manager Clarity International
Clarity International supplies fully integrated Operational Support Systems and supporting
software development tools to the Telecommunications Industry.
• Engaged by Clarity to Project Manage their proposal to NBNCo in response to the NBNCo
request for OSS/BSS.
• Successfully delivered on time a very comprehensive proposal for
service fulfilment, alarm management, inventory and configuration
• Skills utilised, people management, project management agile and milestone tracking,
verification of RFQ requirements, documentation management.
• Gained up to date product knowledge of NGN OSS/BSS products currently
being deployed across Asia Pacific
August –May Technical Manager/Project Engineer Vividwireless
Vividwireless, formerly Unwired and owned by Channel are Australia’s leading wireless
access network service provider with networks in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth
• Engaged by Unwired as a leading team member for the implementation of their G
wireless network project in Perth WA. Perth was the first stage of a National Network
Program of deployment.
• Role was Technical Manager/project engineer and program manager responsible for
Commissioning and Integration of RAN and Core Network including QA, handover
documentation and operational readiness. Managed engineers and technicians
• Project was the implementation and bringing into service of a G fully IP based network
consisting of Base stations across metropolitan Perth, utilising Huawei Wimax
IEEE.e, Dragonwave Ethernet Microwave Links and a Gigabit Juniper Core.
• Skills utilised, people management, project management, verification of technical
requirements, i.e. coverage throughput, management of contractor Kordia. trouble
shooting during integration, fault management prehandover and QA/Acceptance
documentation generation and management,
• Gained firsthand knowledge of operational strengths and weaknesses of
WiMAX G networks.
May – August Consultel IT&T Expert Consultant Wireless Access
Consultel is my former company which is a leading independent consultancy group providing
professional advice at all levels to Government and Corporate Clients
Engaged through Consultel on behalf of Tasmanian Government to study and report on
suitable technology options for the Tasmanian Implementation of the National Broadband
Network under guidance from DBCDE
• Solely responsible for researching and writing white paper analysing latest standards and
technologies for broadband wireless access networks utilising either satellite of terrestrial
• G/G, CDMA, WCDMA, WiFi, Wimax, LTE, and IP based satellite communications
studied and compared in the final whitepaper including available spectrum options
• Skills utilised were technical analysis, standards interpretation, report writing and
presentation to clients
• Comprehensive review of broadband RAN and satellite access networks
including WCDMA, WiMAX and LTE.
May – April Channel /Unwired Independent Expert Consultant
Engaged through Consultel to provide expert witness and technical advice services to the
Channel Management at Board level and Unwired Senior Management CEO/CTO
during the Unwired vendor selection process for the planned National Wireless Network
• Analysed and reported on veracity of vendor selection process.
• Developed key measures or “success factors” to determine success of field trials.
• Witnessed and participated in live vendor selection field trials of the offered Wimax RAN
and core network technologies, including comprehensive testing of throughput, capacity,
coverage, stability and drive testing.
• Vendors included Motorola, Alcatel Lucent, Huawei and Airspan/Fujitsu
• Trials lasted weeks each in Melbourne, and required a
comprehensive report on Unwired’s ability to work with each
vendor, together with a report of suitability of technology to meet
• Gained extensive and valuable insight into strengths and weaknesses of
WIMAX technology and its ability to deliver triple play voice, data and
January Clarity International Operations Support Consultant
Engaged by Clarity International to Support a Proposal to Orascom in Egypt to develop
and implement a Network Operations and Control Centre. Clarity International was
seeking to b
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!