[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
S. Hope Avenue
To gain a position with a motivated company. I strive to work in a fast paced environment with new challenges and opportunities for personal development and company growth.
* Cibola High School
Ericsson Network Certifications:
AXE Operations, Dublin Ireland
Nokia Network Certifications:
G RANPAR, Irving TX
RNC First Line Maintenance, Irving TX
G System Training, Irving TX
RAN Integration, Irving TX
AlcatelLucent Network Certifications:
Starent PDSN STSeries MCP System Admin and Config, Boston MA
Starent PDSN STSeries MCP Troubleshooting, Boston MA
SAR Intro to Hardware and Services, Dallas TX
Mobility Manager Compact MMC O&M, Yuma AZ
Wimax Systems Supervision, Yuma AZ
Advanced Line Sweeping, Yuma AZ
SiteMaster Line Sweeping, Reno NV
Interference Analysis, Yuma AZ
Network Infrastructure Training:
Fiber Optic Splicing and Connections, Yuma AZ
Linux Red Hat hours, Yuma AZ
Cisco CCNA Training hours, Yuma AZ
Present TRAX Test Services
In my Field Engineer role my main responsibilities were to manage an Ericsson GSM Core network while supporting other engineers maintaining CDMA,WCDMA & WiMax networks. I was responsible for every aspect of the network to include but not limited to troubleshooting alarms, managing network upgrades and installations, managing user accounts and network access, weekly backups of nodes. The network consisted of a BSC, MSC, HLR,SMSC, RSG, OSS, SGSN and GGSN. I had over + Ericsson G radios deployed in the network to included Micro and Macro sites. I also maintained Ericsson Mini Link E Microwave hops. I have an in depth knowledge of the nodes and all backhaul equipment. I have built cells in the switch to facilitate network expansions and also integrate the backhaul to transport them. At times I would lead large groups of personnel to install COWs cells on wheels in remote areas using Cisco and Extreme Networks equipment over Fiber transport.
As Field Engineer I built an IP network to allow remote access to multiple core networks WiMax, CDMA, GSM, and WCDMA . Twelve separate IP networks total. I also designed and implemented the network infrastructure for the NOC which all switch operations for all networks were conducted. I setup backhaul networks over ISP&;s to push E and T&;s to remote cell site locations. I performed all maintenance and handled all alarms and network outages for this network personally. I configured Ubuntu based SSH servers for secure connections to the network nodes via the internet. For remote E and T transport all network connectivity was configured through Cisco ASA &;s and &;s via IPSEC tunnels.
At times I was asked to run shop operations for weeks at a time. For those weeks I would assume responsibility of scheduling and handling all other supervisory roles for + employees.
TRAX Test Services
Company Changed From ECIII to TRAX Test Services
GSM/UMTS Lead Switch Technician
My role as Lead Switch technician for this company in compasses every job title I have had prior to this position with this company and the addition of the new roles as Lead Switch Technician. My daily duties were to maintain and troubleshoot any errors on the networks which consists of an Ericsson G network, Nokia G network and a Nokia G network. Also have some experience with CDMA network with Lucent experience. Along with interrogating and troubleshooting the network I was in charge of tracking and documenting all issues with network deficiency. Using excel spreadsheets I had to account for daily network use in all available locations, monitor and maintain systems QoS. I helped all technicians with switch configuration changes and all in depth network parameter changes. I was responsible for the training of all switch operators and their progress.
GSM/UMTS Engineering Technician
My duties were to maintain and operate a GSM & UMTS Network. My daily duties were to run error checks on BTS from the BSC using WINFIOL troubleshooting any issues on the switch BSC / MSC. My switch experience goes as far as daily operations to in depth network changes and optimization. I am very well versed with Ericsson GSM BSS.
Site Maintenance was another one of my responsibilities from preventative maintenance to troubleshooting issues and implementing new hardware. I have worked mostly with Ericsson radio equipment, Kathrein antennas and Andrews cable. With my experience with BTS I have built and assisted on the building of over C.O.W.S or cell on wheels portable cell sites.
I have worked in a WOCC or wireless operations control center. Were I&;ve performed such duties as wire wrapping a DSX panel to installing fiber converters . I have installed GPS timing sources and have a little experience with microwave solutions. I have some fiber experience including a day fiber class I took put on by Tessco. I&;ve spent many hours with an ANRTISU BTS Master making controlled measurements of the network. ANRITSU Site Master to perform cable sweeps, VSWR, return loss , distance to fault checks on sites.
Management roles at any given time I had or more people working directly under me while doing daily operations. In my department there was people I helped managed as far as kept track of time evaluation sheets and gave direction to when needed. I was also responsible for much of the equipment used to operate BTS.
While performing my duties I helped with the implementation of Nokia G technology to our network. I also attended some Nokia G courses.
My daily duties were to observe the BSC/MSC and perform medial commands to each to ensure sites remained active and in good working order. I maintained over BTS at a time doing everything from site cleaning to troubleshooting to new hardware installs.
On a daily basis I have preformed controlled measurements using TEMS investigation and TEMS pocket. I&;ve worked with ANRITSU site master to perform cable sweeps , VSWR, Return Loss, Distance to fault checks on sites. I had this job for about months before I was promoted to GSM/UMTS Technician.
Engineering Tech B
Daily duties were to assist the test directors in a combat test facility. Only had this job for a few months before I was promoted to GSM Technician. have direct experience with TEMS investigation setting up platforms and running the program. I have built workspaces designed around customer needs and implemented the equipment accordingly. I have some brief experience with TEMS automatic. I have integrated computer backups over closed networks, built file directories and put assigned backups IP addresses for remote access from other computers on the network. I am proficient with network analyzing equipment such as ANRITSU BTS Master and Nethawk.
* Strong knowledge of GSM networks to include Core Nodes ,RBS infrastructure, OTA interface and Microwave.
* In depth knowledge of IP networking specifically with Cisco ,Extreme Networks and ALU , equipment. VLAN Configuration & Routing protocols RIP,OSPF
* Configuring Cisco firewalls ASA & with VPN&;s.
* Windows, Linux & Ubuntu Operating systems.
* Experience with network tools Spectrum Analyzer , Nethawk, TEMS Auto, TEMS Investigation, EXFO Fiber Testers
* Solid understanding of RF propagation.
* Worked directly with GigE and Fiber networks.
* I worked on a project with AlcatelLucent to upgrade our cell sites from PSAX backhaul to /. We began this project at the inception of the &;s into the commercial market. I worked on all planning and characterization of the IP network. Once this project was complete I worked with ALU also to troubleshoot EVDO issues over the / Backhaul. I am very proficient at basic and configurations Basic router setup, static routes, iPipe & ePipe services, SDP&;s ect..
* IP Network Upgrade, I completely reconfigured our entire IP network. I planned the network upgrade to include the IP addressing scheme as well as protocols used and timelines. For all Cisco and Extreme Networks equipment I configured each piece of equipment personally. Once the IP upgrade was completed I also took over all operations with the IP network. This was to include addressing all network issues, upgrades and documentation. The overall IP network consisted of + &;s , at the Lucent switch, + Cisco &;s, Cisco ASA &;s and &;s and + Extreme Networks Summit Xa L Switches. Most configurations used basic static routing but a few routers I used OSPF. Also for each ASA I used a Peer To Peer VPN using IPSEC for secure transport of the information over ISP&;s. I also administered multiple networked data servers, Microsoft computers, and all IP Nodes for two GSM Networks, one CDMA, one WiMax and one WCDMA network. In all the network consisted of over + VLANs.
The Local IP network was also connected to remote locations in another state. I was also responsible for the backhaul over ISP to these remote sites. I did all network planning and also configured the equipment for the remote end as well. Once configurations were complete and I brought equipment online at the local site I would travel to the remote sites to implement their equipment as well. I was responsible for creating the MOP&;s and acceptance tests as well as performing the duties outlined in them.
* Integration of over Ericsson BTS&;s. I personally wrote the DT&;s and implemented the configuration of Ericsson radios into the BSC and MSC. I was responsible for writing the configuration files and MOP to create the cells in the switch and bring them online for OTA testing.
* Excellent people skills and communication skills. Knowledge of computers and most all Microsoft programs Excel,Word,PowerPoint,Visio. Extremely motivated to succeed. Honest and loyal. Convincing and direct. Reliable under extremely stressful situations. Work very well under pressure and am able to respond to difficult tasks. Willing to work whenever a job is needed to be done.
Honors & Awards
* Awarded for Team Excellence in @ ECIII
* Horizon Award in @ ECIII
* Extra Mile Award in @ ECIII
* Team Excellence Award in @ ECIII
* Two Team Excellence Awards in @ ECIII
* Extra Mile Award in @ ECIII
* Extra Mile Award in @ TRAX Test Services
* Team Excellence Award @ TRAX Test Services
* Extra Mile Award in @ TRAX Test Services
Field Engineer & @ TRAX Test Services
* Scott Fromm
* Telecommunication Specialist @ Yuma Proving Grounds