Experienced IPTV operations technician, responsible form handling IPTV and Internet
client’s network Support and direct interaction with IPTV and Internet customers. Set Top
Boxes STBs, Internet Home gateway and Telephone VOIP at the end customer.
Streamers and servers VOD, IPTV, EPG, DRM, Middleware, etc at the headend to
support IPTV system.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Strong understanding of IPTV/Digital TV Headend support in an operational environment
• Strong understanding of IP/Ethernet technologies and services
• Strong understanding of Broadband technologies and services
• Strong understanding of Transport layer technologies and services
• Knowledge of DVR and non DVR Set Top Boxes
• Knowledge of multivendor middleware platforms.
• Experience with MS Office and MS Visio.
• Develop and maintain customer user guides/manuals for current and future IPTV
features, such as remote control, VOD, STB Install, STB Reboot, etc.
• Develop and maintain documentation on all IPTV equipment inventory, their connectivity
to client’s network, VLAN information, and switch ports information.
• Develop and maintain up to date topology drawings of IPTV headend connections,
including Satellite dishes, LNBs, Splitters, Streamers, Server, and Access Switches.
• Develop and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly IPTV Operations reports
• Daily IPTV channels check up list showing status of each channel
• Consolidated Weekly/Monthly IPTV help desk trouble tickets summary
• Weekly IPTV technical issues report Streamers utilization, streamers
• Trouble logs, splitter noise problems, LNB signal problems, etc
• Installing and repairing TV headend broadband devices such as LNBs, Splitters, Coaxial
cable terminations, Satellite dish alignment, etc.
• Work with vendors to order required hardware and software. Install all hardware and
software associated with new IPTV equipment.
• Communication with vendors regarding updates/patches and deployment of
updates/patches, with cooperation of the IPTV Engineer.
• Knowledge of multivendor IP streamers/encoders, VOD Servers, SetTopBoxes.
• Understanding of the following technologies: USB, Ethernet, HDMI, SATA, etc
• Exposure to streaming media technologies ie DVB, MPEG, MPEG, RTP, PVR/DVR,
HDTV, Graphics/OSD, Audio/Video, IPTV.