[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Jos‰ A. Detr‰s Crespo
Condominio Bosque Del R‹o
Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
To find a career advancing position in Sales Management and Marketing, where I can further develop and
enhance my professional experience and management skills.
University of Puerto Rico, Mayagflez Campus
BA, Business Administration in Marketing Major, minor in Finance
Sales/marketing management Expert communicator
Competitive maneuvering Market identification/penetration
Decisionmaker relations Client development
Computer literacy Sales growth strategies
Negotiating skills Staff supervision/development
Operations Management Fully bilingual, English and Spanish
• As a Language Director for Berlitz Languages, Inc., I was able to increase annual sales by an average of %,
managed to cut operational costs by % and turned a negative income operation into a profitable one.
• As a Store Manager for SunCom Wireless, I was responsible for the startup of retail
operations in the Western Area of Puerto Rico stores in Aguadilla and stores in
Mayagflez. I was responsible for the opening, resource and facilities management of
four stores. My group consistently surpassed their sales quota, averaging % of
quota for the year . I was then promoted to Corporate Sales Manager for the
South, North and Western District of Puerto Rico.
• As a Corporate Sales Manager for SunCom / AT&T Wireless I was able to implement
new sales strategies to increase sales and corporate accounts. Able to consistently
increase sales and surpass monthly sales quota, averaging % of quota for year
. From January , I was assigned the South and North territories of Puerto
Rico in addition to the West, supervising a total of cities. In April , I was
promoted to Director of Enterprise Sales.
• As a Director of Business Solutions and Enterprise Sales for SunCom Wireless I was
able to create the new sales channel of Business Solutions by partnering with
strategic business alliances experts in data software solutions for targeted market
segments. This new segment focuses on wireless data connectivity, VOIP, Sales
Automation, Wireless WAN applications and telemetry.
• As a Sales Director for DirecTV, I have been able to lower employee turnover rate
from % in to % in . Responsible for the image remodeling of our
points of sale and introduced and launched our new DirecTV PrePaid product.
Increased sales by % from to .
DirecTV , Carolina, P.R.
August – Present
Plan, direct, and coordinate all sales efforts for DIRECTV’s products and services by direct actions and through
subordinate unit managers and supervisors. Work includes research, development and implementation of sales
strategies. Assume responsibility for overseeing internal and external programs and projects, for assuring de
consistency of the organization’s image and for developing and implementing programs to meet organizational needs,
goals and objectives. Oversee the coordination of staff involved in related activities and programs. Directly manage
direct sales, retailers indirect sales, MDU Multiple Dwelling Units sales and telemarketing areas of the department.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals according to approved
• Review, analyze and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors to take
advantage of market opportunities and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
• Review, analyze and monitor market analyses to determine customer needs, price
schedules, and discount rates.
• Use of knowledge, skills and training to determine the approach, content, level and
medium that most effectively meet objectives and deadlines and remain within the
• Direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing
sales territories, quotas and goals.
• Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
• Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from
• Ensure the appropriate level of technical and creative assistance in decisionmaking
• Negotiate retail contracts and sales kiosks leasing contracts.
• Coordinate liaison between the sales department and other related units.
• Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical
• Analyze periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of
proposed customer base expansion.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
• Recommend changes in the basic structure and organization of the sales group to
ensure the effective fulfillment of its assigned objectives and to provide the flexibility
to move swiftly in relation to problems and opportunities.
• Recommend budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development
• With other executives, develops organizational strategic planning and development
• Maintain the confidentiality of information processed.
Manages from four to six subordinate managers who oversee an average of employees in the sales units,
including coordinators and supervisors. Provides overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
Assumes responsibility for directly reporting staff to interviewing, selecting, managing, reviewing performance and
providing feedback and job performance evaluations.
SunCom Wireless, Hato Rey, P.R. Now TMobile
April – August
Director of Business Solutions, Ecommerce & Enterprise Sales
Promoted from Corporate Sales Manager to Director of Enterprise Sales and Business Solutions. Responsible for
directing the sales & distribution activities of the Enterprise Sales Channel for the entire Puerto Rico and USVI Region.
Fully accountable for achieving channel sales objectives for voice and data products. Develop, direct and implement
strategies to generate new business, increase market share and grow revenue.
AT&T Wireless Network, Mayagflez, P.R.
May – April
Corporate Sales Manager
Promoted from Store Manager to Corporate Sales Manager. Responsible for the management of corporate accounts
in assigned geographical area from Vega Baja to Guayama and for developing effective sales strategies to
increase market penetration:
? Train, develop, and direct the sales force.
? Emphasize client relations, new account development, and sales force
Create innovative and effective presentations; conceptualize productive selling
SunCom – Member of the AT&T Wireless Network, Mayagflez, P.R.
November – May
In charge of all store operations of four assigned retail locations:
? Train, develop, and supervise the retail sales force.
? Focus on Customer Service and Equipment Warranty.
? Responsible for cash handling, contract management and auditing.
? Loss prevention, inventory management, office supplies and facilities
? Supervision of eight employees.
? Promoted to Corporate Sales Manager in May .
Berlitz Languages, Inc., Ponce, P.R.
December – November
Language Center Director
Direct sales and Retail Management position. Responsible for corporate sales, customer service and retention of
existing customer base. Responsible for all administrative duties that included all financial, accounting, cash and
inventory management. Hired, managed and trained employees, and was able