[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Henry E. Jr., MHRM
Home / Cell
Areas of Expertise
* Change Management
* Legal Compliance
* Workforce Management
* Talent Management
* Organizational Development
* Employee Relations
* Succession Planning
* Performance Management
* Staffing Management
* Compensation & Benefits
* Leadership Development
* Total Rewards
* Workplace Safety
Selected Areas of Accomplishments:
* Decreased employee turnover from % to % within one year.
* Screened, interviewed, and hired nonexempt and exempt professionals in .
* Developed st interviewing, safety, and talent management programs.
* Led strategic redesign of recruiting program that decreased hiring time by % and increased
retention rates by %.
* Led strategic redesign of commission structure for retail sales division.
* Facilitated the due diligence process for two cable acquisitions.
* Interpret policies, rules, and laws for multiple business units in multiple states consisting of + employees.
* Confer with senior management to analyze workforce management initiatives to better facilitate exceptional operational performance.
* Manage fulllife cycle recruiting for multiple departments.
* Directly manage a team of employee relation professionals.
* Identify and recommend training needs related to performance improvement, succession planning, and interventions.
* Implement and administer benefit plans involving: medical, dental, vision, k, FSA, etc.
* Create HR policies and procedures to drive optimal business results.
* Manage the "onboarding" process for new hires including a new orientation program.
BA., Business Administration Bridgewater College
Bridgewater, Virginia July
M.H.R.M., Human Resource Management DeVry University
Naperville, Illinois May
Society For Human Resources Management, SHRM, Member,
Employee Relations Advisor, Shentel Telecommunications, / Present
A telecommunication company that provides video, voice, and data solutions in states with + employees. Senior leadership role managing the Employee Relation function with responsibility for recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, policy development, and interpretation.
* Designed and implemented an interactive new orientation process that provided employees with a high level overview of the company&;s history, values, and cultural expectations.
* Enhanced a formalized performance appraisal system that added consistency in structure and delivery, allowing reciprocal feedback.
* Designed and deployed manager self service system to facilitate the recruitment and onboarding process.
* Created company&;s first disaster recovery plan that inspired the company&;s first enterprise risk management system.
* Partnered with management and employees to enhance multiple safety policies/procedures, unsafe conditions/behaviors identification and correction programs, maintenance procedures, medical treatment resources and case management activities to reduce company&;s incident rate.
* Decreased lost time by % by creating a return to work program for worker&;s compensation.
* Manage recruitment and workforce planning, source applicants, developed and implemented recruitment strategies to attract and retain employees.
* Advised senior management during the due diligence process of two acquisitions.
* Coauthored sections of the company&;s policies and procedural manual outlining company regulations, performance expectations, and background checks.
Associate Director of Admissions, Bridgewater College, / /
A private four collegiate institution comprised f students and faculty advisors. Managed all phases of the admissions process for a private college. Identified, sourced, and screened students for admission into the college. Developed recruitment programs to attract students from an eleven state territory.
* Improved diversity recruitment by % by collaborating with other minority collegiate partners to increase a greater awareness of Bridgewater College.
* Assisted the Dean of Students and the Director of Admissions in creating and revising minority scholarships.
* Established relationships with multiple high school counselors to educate and encourage students to attend college.
* Developed an aggressive growth strategy which grew a three state territory to an eleven state territory that led to an increase in matriculated students.
* Earned a promotion from Admissions Counselor to an Associate Director within a year of being hired.
Financial Service Representative, SunTrust Bank, / /
A financial service holding company that operates in the MidAtlantic regions of the United States.
Increased monthly sales through proactively consulting current and prospective customers. Assisted in the preparation of biweekly and monthly forecasts to review productivity and accuracy. Analyzed small business clients/vendors accounts in order to develop longterm planning for future reporting.
* Consistently met or exceeded sales goals for loans, deposits, and fee income, as set by management.
Promoted company products and services by regularly soliciting internal customers for expanded business and referrals by %.Established close relationships with assigned business partners, such as Mortgage Officers, Business Banking Officers, and Brokerage Representatives to ensure that established goals for each business line were met.