[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
To work as a project manager and coordinator or a client facing liaison in an environment that will help me utilize skills and abilities picked up from the fast paced and next generation FIOS arena and add a new dimension to any team.
Master&;s Degree, Computer Networking and Telecommunications,
State University of New York | Utica/Rome
Graduated at the top of the class and received the Dean&;s award for Top Graduating Student. Received various scholarships for the entire duration of the degree
Section Manager FIOS Network Operations Center
Verizon Communications |Ashburn, VA
Manage and supervise the workings of the FIOS Network Operations Center FNOC. Supervise a team of people who are responsible for the surveillance and maintenance activities of the National FIOS Video network.
* Manage quality assurance, budget restructure and technical enhancement projects on a national level and collaborate with various external teams such as operational support, Verizon business and enterprise, vendors, IP data and Voice team, LFA managers, field project managers, National Content Providers among others.
* Serve as lead in an ongoing high visibility CEO initiated project to reengineer business processes, process improvement, benchmarking and process streamlining for the Operations center.
* Coordinate with various operational support teams as well as vendors to identify process inefficiencies, network element bugs, and EMS inaccuracies and draw out SOPs, product change notifications and standard process change flashes on a monthly basis.
* Serve as the SME and lead analyst for Key Metrics reports, metrics drivers, RCA analysis, qualitative performance analysis and strategic SWOT analysis of resolutions.
* Serve as lead center liaison for customer communication involving FCC complaints, FIOS content providers, operational teams and head end serving offices
* Serve as the lead on an annual national video reliability and redundancy project for over long haul Verizon Business and former MCI circuits spanning the US. The project has been running successfully running every year, reducing National Outages by more than %.
* Consistent leader on the metrics board every quarter by not only meeting the MTTR objectives but by consistently lowering the trouble isolation and resolution times.
* Lead contributor to the national ideas initiative with ideas being picked up for implementation on a corporate level.
Supervisor Network Operations
* Served as a Supervisor for Operations team in Northern Virginia leading a team of people until August .
* Very familiar with the workings of Transport equipment including Fuji Tellabs, light multiplexers and soft switches. Effectively managed a team of people for over years and lead all team to successes by being in the top performers with low outage resolution times and high morale and productivity.
* Served as ISO SPOC and lead the teams to being ISO certified by passing all internal and external audits and also streamlined processes for smooth operations in the team. Familiar with databases including Oracle, Access and SQL and lead a team that created a ticketing system.
Intern: Verizon Communications
Invited into competitive and exclusive LEAD program designed for rounding up exceptionally talented fresh graduates and deploying them into a rotation training program with the intention of grooming and preparing for future growth within the company.
NOC personnel management
Microsoft Suite tools
Strategy Planning and Data Analysis
HONORS & AWARDS
* Selected to be a part of the Verizon "LEAD" Program which mentored exceptionally skilled and talented candidates and made them part of the rotation program with the company to gain skills and experience in various parts of the business including operations, staff support and client management among various others.
* Awarded the Dean&;s award in SUNY for being the Top graduating student from the Telecommunications Masters Program.