Project Design Engineer RailCorp Rail Industry September – Present
RailCorp operates the rail network in metropolitan areas of Sydney. RailCorp has a fleet of ,
Electric and Diesel cars which run on , km of permanent way, across bridges, through
km of tunnels with stops at stations.
Location: Sydney NSW
List of Current Projects
• Prince Alfred Substation PA SS
• Wolli Creek Feeders
• Meeks Road Substation
• Blacktown Substation Sector B Program
• Rooty Hill Substation Sector B Program
• Seven Hills Substation Sector B Program
• This role involves scheduling using Primavera. Important aspects involved allocation of
roles within Primavera in order to assign tasks into specific timeslots for Design review.
• Forecasting undertaken using excel.
• Engaging consultant to produce drawings which are reviewed by design reviewer
• Forward drawings to relevant stakeholders for review
• Attend site visits and meetings with Project Manager, consultant and contractor
• Arrange for consultant drawings to be updated based on stakeholder feedback
• Arrange for relevant RailCorp drawings to be updated by internal design
• Design for AC Switch House, Feeder and Transformer Alley
• Stringent requirements of Australian standards relating to substation designs, and their
construction were not met at PA SS due to updated standard. Also PA SS was built in
. I was responsible for development of a report highlighting existing fire and building
hazards and noncompliances.
• Utilisation of financial management system ARIBA for project approval and
• Discussions and investigations were initiated into potential flooding problems at Wolli
Creek. Conclusions were made which were input to the design.
• A brief was prepared for Meeks Road Substation.
• Obtained comments from stakeholders across the various RailCorp disciplineselectrical,
civil, earthing, etc
• Obtained feedback on various stages of documentation.
• Facilitate design of Sector B substations by NovoRail Alliance.
• After allocation of work orders produced monthly forecasts based on Labour costings
• Draft report for PA Substation. There were many factors at the PA SS which made it
difficult to clearly define the compliance issues. For example the Substation was built in