Resume for Hugo V. for Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader / Transportation & Warehousing in Rotterdam, Netherlands
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Born in the Netherlands in, highly motivated with a varied background ranging from Project
Management in the field of engineering to Logistics Management in both the private sector and
Key strengths include fluency in Dutch, French, English, Portuguese and sound understanding in Spanish,
German and Swahili; ability to building and sustaining highly effective relationships at all levels of
government, community and through an organization.
Proven track record in working as part of a cross cultural team; working internationally for
years and nationally for another years. Demonstrated competence in managing the
cultural nuances and sensitivities with regard to regulatory requirements and compliance
Extremely adaptable having lived and worked throughout many parts of Africa and
Key Areas of Achievement
• Driving organisational change to build a coherent and result focussed team
• Effective cost control management to maximise the resource
• Safety focussed approach to every aspect of the business instilling a genuine
Social and Political:
• Established sound relationships with all levels of Government
• Facilitated ethical business practices in challenging environments
• Well developed oral communication skills
• Well developed written communication skills
• Well developed computer literacy
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an autonomous situation or as part of a selfmanaged
PROLOG Africa Ltd Current
Mineral Invest International years
Africo Resources months
UNWFP HQ Italy months
UNWFP Mozambique months
UNWFP UNJLC Sudan years
Wegs Consultants Uganda years
Wegs Consultants Tanzania years
Action Contre la Faim France years
Prolog Africa Ltd February Current
Director of Logistics Company
• Company director of Prolog Africa, focus on achieving developing results in the logistics sector by
supporting and improving upon Logistics/Procurement/Supply Chain Procedures & Systems.
• Some of our clients are, Afex Group, Agility & Tristar, UMI as a speaker at the Uganda
Management Institute, Pegasus Construction, Malaria Consortium, CCS, UNOCHA, Bastillion
resources, True Earth Services Ltd, Mineral Invest Sweden and Rand Gold.
Mineral Invest International July – July
Director of Operations
• Heading of the operations for MII mining activities in Wanga NE DRC, Procurement, Logistics and
the general administration of MII’s new gold concession, reporting to CEO and CFO.
• Representing MII at local levels.
• Overall management of community development projects such as support to local
schools, health centres, road construction and local economic development
• Interaction with the local authorities.
Africo Resources DRC September February
Logistics & Operations Manager
• Establishment of systems, policies and procedures in preparation for mine start up
• Manage a team of logistics officers
• Implement all procurement, upstream and downstream transport, mine fuel
• Manage the upkeep of the Mine asset Inventory.
• Establish and maintain contractor and customs relationships to ensure ethical
business practices and efficient supply time
• Budget and cost control
WFP HQ Italy January August
Interagency Logistics Officer
• As part of the UN humanitarian reform process, I was part of a team of within WFP responsible
to, build up awareness & credibility to the wider humanitarian community on the creation of the
Logistics Cluster covering the interagency logistics needs during human and natural caused
• Responsible to respond and build up logistics services presence for any sudden
onset emergency in the Eastern and Southern regions of Africa.
• In close collaboration with the humanitarian community I was responsible for the
establishment of new logistics tracking systems adaptable to as well food items as
non food items.
WFP Mozambique April – August
Head of Logistics Acting
• Manage the team of logistics officers at the country office and the sub offices throughout
• In very close coordination with the WFP program unit, I was responsible for the
monthly and quarterly logistics budgeting for the upstream and down stream cargo
• Management and monitoring of the port operations and overland transit of food
items to Zambia and Zimbabwe.
• Invoice tracking and payment for all transport operations throughout the country.
• Warehousing and fumigation
• Food quality control
WFP/UNJLC Sudan November – December
Head of South Sudan suboffice
• Provision of logistics support to the humanitarian actors in Southern Sudan.
• Management of office activities, including GIS department, reporting unit and assessment teams
• Collection and dissemination of logistics information
• Logistics Planning & Coordination of all participating humanitarian actors.
• Coordination and implementation of the UN common premises in Rumbek
• Mission for WFP operations heading the logistics support function in Syria during
the Lebanon crises.
WEGS Consultants Uganda Ltd. May – October
Country director / General Manager Uganda branch
• Management of office activities from staffing to administration.
• Management of project procurement, supply chain and warehousing.
• Monitoring and supervision of civil & structural engineering project designs and
• Project administration, Client relations, Contracting
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!