[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
O. ELIJAH OMWOYO
P.O. Box Email:
City Square Nairobi. Phone: + , +
+ years progressively developed business understanding attained through diverse assignments. At AfriCare Ltd I work towards creating a competitive edge for the organization by optimizing costs of products and services, organize the procurement and acquisition of products in line with organizational strategy and ensure that logistical aspects are done in the most cost and timeeffective way.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Good relationship building and problem solving skills fostering vendor trust and dependability.
* Self starter with high enthusiasm and ability to engender support and respect from a broad and diverse base of management.
* Ability to work in a fastpaced and deadlinedriven environment while remaining completely focused on the job
Procurement & Logistics Manager October Present
Oversee purchasing department of AfriCare Ltd the healthcare arm of the RJ Corp and Intex Africa . Develop customer survey and apply results to realign the department .Assign buyers to commodities based on skill and knowledge base.
* Planning and coordination of the entire Procurement function
* Streamlined department process and procedures to determine optimum staffing levels. Instituted metrics to documents cost savings, purchase requisition turnaround and a number of LPOs issued.
* Negotiated rebate structures which produced savings of $,
* Provided management and leadership to the procurement team in the organization
* Managed the total life cycle of enterprisewide commodities and services.
* Maintained corporate standards and processes for the acquisition of goods and services.
* Facilitated the administration of vendor and purchased order data.
* Formulating and implementing procurement policies and procedures for effective management of procurement.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Supply Chain Officer Sept August
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager at the Material Management Department
* Coordinated inventory tasks and maintained specific records of each transaction
* Management of procurement records
* Ensuring delivery, storage and timely distribution of goods and services to other departments.
* Providing technical support to matters procurement in accordance with the laid down procedures and best practice.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Marketing & Business Development Officer Sept August
Involved in Business Development Activities of the Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi.
* Participating in events that would promote business and seminars thus promoting the brand of Aga Khan University Hospital.
* Relationship Building with Corporates, Insurance Companies/ TPAs and General Physicians.
* Market Analysis Market research, intelligence & benchmarking ;gather healthcare intelligence continuously of trends, preferences, competition, new entrants among others in order to place the hospital in an informed position and help respond to client needs and evolving new marketing strategies
Galaxy Pharmaceuticals K Ltd, Nairobi
Medical Sales Representative May August
Galaxy Pharmaceuticals k Ltd headquartered in Nairobi is a leading importing, marketing and distribution firm of pharmaceutical and allied products with branches and operations in all the East African States.
Key responsibilities and achievements
* Formed as a link between my pharmaceutical company and doctors, pharmacists and hospital teams.
* Performed medical presentations on a constant basis. Ensured full knowledge/awareness of the latest/new medical products on the healthcare market
* Maintain effective trade relations.
* Managed effective coverage of all routes within the territory through market analysis, planning, segmentation and effective territorial management.
* Proper retail coverage and frequency to maintain trade pulse.
* Developed excellent relationships with vendors over the years that contributed to the success of the company
* Strengthened customer relationship by meeting service level agreements consistently.
* Kenya Institute of Supplies Management KISM No.
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology JKUAT; Nairobi Kenya.
Master of ScienceProcurement and Logistics :
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology JKUAT; Nairobi Kenya. BSc. Hons :
Institute of Commercial Management ICM;
Diploma Purchasing and Supply Chain Management :
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies CIPS : On Going
Ms. Wendy Masale
CSR Programmes & HR Manager,
AfriCare Ltd & Intex Africa Group.
Mr. Duke Keana
Information Systems & Operations Spent Procurement Manager
Kenya Airways, Nairobi.
P. O. Box
Tel: + ,
Mr. Silas Njeru
Chief Procurement Manager,
Kenya Medical Training College HQ Nairobi,
P.O. Box Nairobi Kenya.
Tel: + ,