[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
BRIEF OF QUALIFICATION OF: ERIC KWASI A.
Eric Kwasi A. is a well known named by many aviation agencies at Kotoka International Airport. With a humble beginning as an operations agent load control / ramp supervisor at the reopening of Lufthansa German Airlines service from Accra in November , I went through the rankings at the airport environment with most of the reputable airlines operating in Ghana. I joined KLM as operations officer in November and after successful completing my training as flight dispatcher within three months promoted to the position of Deputy Service Manager and Senior Operations Officer charged with relieving duties in all station served by KLM in Africa. In view of the acquire knowledge and experience in the station handling I joined Kenya Airways in their first ever commercial service into the Ghanaian market as the Station Manager with a responsibility to setup an efficient ground handling entity on a two year contract. After years of serving through the hierarchy in the airline station operations, I became selfemployed as Representative to the UK Charter carriers operating into Ghana after the collapse of Ghana Airways in . This capacity I have held ever since until Fly Jet left the shores of Ghana and Astraeus cease operation in later part of . I also have the opportunity to represent Airline Risk Management Airline Profile Services a well recognized profiling and Security Company operating in parts of Africa Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Algeria etc. and Global Aviation of Kenya both contracted by Fly jet/Astraeus in security and cargo GSA respectively. My desire is to induce my worth of knowledge into the airline and ground handling operations of airports worldwide.
Leading by example, delegation and coaching.
Work diligently to achieve goals and targets.
Supervision, monitoring and control
SelfReliant and selfconfident
NAME: ERIC KWASI A. DATE OF BIRTH: DEC
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
BOX CT CANTONMENTS, ACCRAGHANA
FAX: + Email:
An experience Airport Manager with an adaptable attitude and experience in customer service and operations. Self motivated and leadership quality.
I am competent in advance level at passenger/baggage, ground/flight operations, cargo, weight/balance handling. I have indepth knowledge in airport security, customs and immigration regulations/procedures. I am looking for challenging and high level responsibilities in the aviation industry to reveal my competence and practical knowledge.
WORK EXPERIENCE /ACHIEVEMENTS
UNV Air Ops / Air Terminal Officer Nov June Kinshasa, DRC
* Daily Flight schedule planner prepare DFS, raise task order for Special Flight Request and coordinate operations of the Mission&;s aviation mandate
* Duty officer liaise with contracting carrier crew to achieve efficient and safe operations.
* Arranged and prepare/file ATC flight plan,
* Prepare and submit daily operations report to Chief Air Ops Officer / Chief Aviation Officer
* Ground handling supervisor organize, plan and coordinate service providers such Enhas ground handling, Pae weather, Notams etc.
* Air Terminal management support administration and airfield activities to manage UN equipment for efficient utilization
* support airfield/terminal operations and management .
* Airfield and ground handling supervision support to all airports and helipad operated by UN Mission aircraft.
* MedVac prepare aircraft and liaise with operators for medical evacuation.
Self employed Airline Consultant Accra, Ghana
* Ground Handling Representative Astraeus Airlines
coordinate all ground activities; liaise between all airport operatives at Kotoka International Airport
* Representative for Fly Jet Airlines
+ coordinate all ground activities, liaise between all airport operatives at Kotoka International Airport
+ Hotel accommodation / catering contract negotiation.
+ lease with tour operator on all commercial/operational matters
+ slot and landing permit negotiation
* Cargo Handling Representative for Global Aviation in KenyaAstraeus cargo agency
* Travel consultant
* Security representative, passenger documents profiling and aircraft security/safety Airline Risk Management pty Sierra Leone / Astraeus
GHANA TRAVELS CHARTER OPERATIONS Accra, Ghana
Airport Services Manager
* Managed and ensure safe and efficient airport operation of FLYJET and ASTRAEUS airlines both based in UK.
* Coordinate routine ground operations functions with the company&;s handling agents and achieve planned scheduled operations
* Oversee terminal operation both checkin and flight arrivals/departure, ensuring that highest standards are achieved
* Liaise and coordinate with interested parties including handling agents and contracted third party agencies in support of the daily airport operation
* Oversee all aircraft turnarounds to ensure safe and professional operation
* Liaise with the handling agent with regard to delays, cancellations and passenger welfare
* Assist flight operations on daytoday activities
* Provision of quality assurance and service level agreements.
Station Manager Accra, Ghana
* Handled all airport operational, customer service and cargo matters.
* Responsible for cargo and baggage tracing, settlement and administration.
* Active member of Airport Operators Committee.
* Negotiated for two additional frequency three months after start of operations to Accra.
* Trained ground handling agents in weight/balance and DCS checkin
* Introduced process control / delay care management for quick turnaround and delay recovery.
* Negotiate crew hotel accommodation and ground handling contracts.
* Achieved ground handling targets such as, flight punctuality, checkin standards, customer appreciation and baggage delivering times.
* Responsible for productive and efficient use of local resources.
* Control station budget within the predefined parameters.
* Maximize revenue through excess baggage collection
KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES Accra, Ghana
Deputy Service Manager
* Deputize service manager incharge of West Africa subregion.
* Relieve all Service Managers / Operations Officer in Africa Region
* Responsible for all operations / handling activities at stations posted.
* Posted to Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lome, Abidjan, Lagos, and Dar er Salem for relieving duties.
* Appraised staff in all posted stations for continuous evaluation in their field.
* Provide flight support services to stations within my jurisdiction.
* Member of aircraft accident assist team and emergency response
Senior Operations Officer Dispatcher
* Responsible for all aspect of flight operationspassenger services, baggage services, weight and balance, ramp supervision and administration
* Managed total staff of working in the airport set up.
* Handle denied boarding passengers and irregularities during operation.
* Prepared and approve load sheet for wide body aircrafts MD, BER, etc
* Elaborate computerized operational flight plans and merged manual flight plans in case of computer failure.
* Interpret weather information, Notams, Sigmets and brief crew accordingly.
* Ensured adequate revenue is generated from excess collection.
* Handled fraudulent travel documents passports, tickets.
* Performance weights calculation for optimal operations RTOW / MLW
* Prepare takeoff data cards for flight deck crew
* In execution of function, acted as pilotincommand&;s main assistance on ground.
LUFTHANSA GERMAN AIRLINES Accra, Ghana
Ground Handling Supervisor THIRD PARTY
* Supervised ground handling activities of South African Airways.
* Liaise with all airport operatives for safe and efficient operations
* Filed reports on their behalf as Lufthansa supervisory agent.
* Prepare monthly report, statistics and submit to carrier.
Operations/ Ramp Agent
* Prepare and sign load sheet for AER and lower aircrafts.
* Supervised ramp handling and responsible for refueling/maintenance support and flight safety.
* Incharge of emergency response centre.
* Handle ground to cocpit communication on arrival and at engine startup
* Ensured that all ground handling equipment are ready before aircraft arrive.
* Assisted sales department and provided statistics for sales forecast.
* File ATC flight plans and prepare crew briefing documents Operational flight, Notams, Weather Bulletins.
* Ensure service providers caterers, cleaners etc are available and supervise their operations.
TRAINING COURSES / QUALIFICATION
Station management GENEVA. Target group: ground handling managers, operational managers, station managers, district/area managers.
* Managing station effectively, with all the quality recommended by IATA/ICAO.
* Cooperation with authorities at the airport
* Airport issues and challenges, passenger/baggage handling
* Ramp Safety/ fraud prevention
* Aviation security
* People management
* Contract handling and agreements for other airlines
* Airline catering
introduction to station management and world class seminar Nairobi
* Managing effectively.
* People management / responding effectively to customer needs.
* Handling complaints in the most efficient and professional manner
* Handling stress on the front line
KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES
Recurrent Load Control Competency Check as required by JAROPS
* General knowledge
* MD certification
* BER certification
* Revalidation of Load Control License L
Dangerous Goods Validation
* General philosophy, pilot&;s notification
* Labeling and marking, storage and loading,
* Provision for passenger and crew, emergency response
Dealing with Aggression for Service Managers AmsterdamTarget groupall mangers dealing with customer services.
* To deal with aggressive and dissatisfied clients
* How to manage abusive and incorporative passengers
* Handle distress situations both in staff and customers
* Control emergency situations.
Time Management Accra Golden Tulip target group Managers in West Africa subregion
* Effective leadership
* How to organize your own work effectively and efficiently
* Set team objectives and translate this into individual tasks and plans
* Design, execute, monitor and evaluate a project
Coaching in Management Amsterdam target group Supervisors and Manager from various KLM stations.
* The principles of coaching
* To strengthening the leadership and coaching abilities of supervisors and managers with focuses on different styles, coaching abilities and communication skills.
* Practiced to coach both individuals and teams; know the advantages and disadvantages of present management style.
* Appreciate the values of coaching as an effective management tool.
Ground Operations Amsterdam Target group for operations staff already experienced at different stations handling activities.
* Discussed schedule development, line maintenance, network management and catering.
* Crew facilities, freight forwarding, operation control centre, baggage handling process and dealing with complaints.
* Promote safety, regularity and efficiency of flight to the fullest extent practicable.
* Function as coordinators on the ground at outstation.
* Airport security functions, procedures and regulations.
* To detect fraudulent traveling documents passports, tickets etc
* Emergency response procedures and preparation of the station emergency response team/responsibilities.
* Fraud prevention and security regulations/procedures.
Full Flight Support Services Amsterdam Target group: load control officers who have successfully completed all ground handling trainings and certified to prepare and approve load sheet.
* Calculate performance limited weights in all facets of flight operations
* Prepare takeoff data cards with all relevant information needed for takeoff
* To analyzes and evaluates meteorological information to determine potential hazards to the safety of flight and to select the most desirable and economic route of flight.
* To compute the amount of fuel required for the safe completion of flight according to type of aircraft , distance of flight ,maintenance limitation ,weather conditions and minimum fuel requirement prescribed by federal aviation regulations
* To prepares flight plans containing information such as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, NOTAMS and many other informational components required for the safe completion of the flight
Additional Qualification Check Certification Accra
* Tested and certified to sign and approve load sheets for MD and B
* Certified to supervise all wide body aircrafts B//Fr, MD, B etc., ground handling safety emergency responses.
* Aircraft security and turnaround supervision
* Catering handling and loading procedures
LUFTHANSA GERMAN AIRLINES
Station Management Frankfurt target groupappointed duty managers, supervisors and certified operations agents.
* Operational updates and safety regulations
* Emergency response procedures
* Managing effectively and controlling station budgets.
* Flight safety regulations and station responsibilities.
* The importance of security in aviation
* Station support and management.
* Passport and visa regulations.
Dangerous goods Accra CBTfor all airport handling staff
* General philosophy, pilot&;s notification
* Labeling and marking, storage and loading,
* Provision for passenger and crew, emergency response.
Aircraft Operations Frankfurt target group newly recruited ground operations staff, certified ramp agents and duty managers from passenger services.
* Preparation of weight and balance for all types of aircrafts.manual and electronic data processing
* Ground handling procedures and safety regulations
* Dangerous goods acceptance and emergency procedures.
* Refueling, catering and ramp safety at turnaround
Basic Passenger Handling Accranew employees
* Checkin procedures
* Travel documents checks
* Ticketing and reservation
* Sales and marketing
* Airport operations
* Baggage tracing
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ____________________________________
Computer literate MS WORD, EXCEL and POWER POINT
+ ACCRA POLYTECHNIC
Tennis and football as hobby, Read aviation magazines, selfdevelopment and management related books
MR. PETE BRYANT
GROUND SERVICE MANAGER
PA / HR ASSISTANT
KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES
REV. DENNIS OSEIMANU
COVENANT FAMILY COMMUNITY CHURCH