[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
North East England based. Able to relocate. Mobile: +;
Email: ; LinkedIn Profile: HYPERLINK ""
UK Citizen; Full UK Airside Driving Permit Holder; Driving License; Blue Airside Security Identification, ECRB SC Cleared.
I am a Senior Operations Manager in the aviation industry with twenty years&;experience of working for and with airports, ground service suppliers and airlines. A handson manager of operations, people and budgets, I have led teams of people and been responsible for contracts of up to Pound million in value. Having implemented quality and performance audits on the service to airlines, and consistently improved health and safety and customer service outcomes, I can demonstrate considerable technical expertise such as weight and balance, ground operations and aviation system management, commercial ability and a wide range of relationship management skills.
Nationally mobile, I am now seeking the next step in my aviation career, in an operational, customer service or aviation systems auditing role, where my very wide skill set can contribute to a business reaching challenging objectives.
Skills and Experiences
Please note a list of professional courses completed and certificates gained is at the end of this CV.
Aviation; Operations; Aviation Systems Audit; Customer Service Management; Airside; Front of House; Leadership; People Management; Financial Management; Health and Safety; Root Cause Investigation; Customer Relationship Management; Weight and Balance; Air Traffic Control; Contingency Planning; Deadline Management; Civil Aviation Regulations; Accident Management; Crisis Management.
Since Airside Shift Manager, Swissport, Newcastle Airport
Swissport provides round % of the ground handling services at Newcastle Airport, including passenger services, aircraft dispatch, ramp and cargo handling for more than airlines. In this senior operational management role, I lead a team of around staff, and am responsible for contracts worth Poundmillion.
I manage the entire Swissport airside operation on a shift basis, working with airlines, the airport facilities and control staff, and suppliers. My achievements have included:
* Turning around an inherited team low in morale due to poor training, selection and resourcing, addressing these issues and producing a measurable improvement in client satisfaction.
* Creating from scratch a comprehensive quality and performance audit programme for all client airlines, including security and customer service. The result has been a significant improvement in airline relationships with Swissport.
* Solving financial management issues created by inaccurate forecasting and management of flexible labour costs through a new, comprehensive, interactive planning spread sheet, reducing a minute task to just two minutes, and saving Pound, per year.
* Saving the company from sanction due to a number of service failures and security breaches in our baggage sorting and checking AAA protocols by totally revising sorting policies and procedures, cutting a % failure rate to just .% in a few days.
* Successfully project managing the transfer of the team&;s operational base to a new facility, including all IT and the Critical Communication Systems including Air to Ground Radio without any interruption in service.
* Reducing ground staff vehicle collisions with aircraft from one per fortnight to zero, through better staff training, equipment and recruitment.
Operations Supervisor, Swissport, Newcastle Airport
In this vital operational management and technical role I managed specialist staff, all trained in judging the weight and balance of an aircraft, including the Dispatch team, air to ground communications and Ground Support Equipment GSE and ramp teams. This role required continually meeting challenging deadlines, spotting potential problems to prevent them occurring, and stopping delays. Of note, I:
* Created and managed auditing systems for all Swissport&;s aviation systems, including health and safety, enhancing the company&;s ability to see future problems and prevent them.
* Project managed Swissport&;s first office relocation at Newcastle Airport, mastering the logistical detail, achieved without interruption to service in addition to my usual, demanding, daily role.
* Trained all the operational team staff as lead trainer for air operations, dispatch and weight and balance.
* Undertook all recruitment interviews for Swissport dispatch personnel, using my unique level of weight and balance and turnaround management experience to select only the most appropriate team staff.
* Through successful delivery and demonstrating the importance of the team, persuaded Swissport senior management to grow the team from to .
* Grew the percentage of all Newcastle Airport&;s traffic handled by Swissport from % in to % in , with my team&;s performance pivotal to this growth.
* Developed excellent working relationships with more than airline station managers, building a reputation as the "gotoguy" for airline staff needing the solution to an operational problem.
Service Delivery Supervisor, Swissport, Newcastle Airport
In a role that combined relationship management, customer service, service recovery, and commercial business development, managing a team of , I:
* Built and delivered effective complaints management systems, reducing the number resulting in negative feedback on Swissport from % to %.
* Facilitated organisational learning through data analysis and internal reporting of complaints, reducing the volume from up to a week, down to around three.
* Generated up to Pound, per annum through building Swissport&;s business with oneoff, "ad hoc" flights, making the company an attractive partner through deal negotiation with local suppliers of goods and services, and poaching clients from other handlers. This was a % revenue increase.
Aircraft Dispatcher, Groundstar, Acquired by Swissport
Customer Service Team Leader, Groundstar
FebruaryNovember Customer Service Agent, Northeast Aviation
Benefits Rater, Department of Health and Social Security
Education and Professional Qualifications
BSI Registered Auditor Certificate
ILM Level Qualification in Line Management, Keystone Management Training
BTEC HND, Photography and Graphic Design, Newcastle College
BTEC OND, Photography in Advertising and Creative Design, Newcastle College
UK Airside Driving Permit and Jetty Operators Licence
Advanced certificates in Microsoft Word and Excel
HSE Advanced First Aider and First Responder Certificate
Train The Trainer Certificate
Handling of Dangerous Goods and Live Animals Certificate
Narrow and Wide Body Weight and Balance Licence
Turnaround Coordination Licence TRC issued by British Airways.
Accident and Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis. Trained by Newcastle Airport Fire Service.
Identifying Suspect Passengers and Defusing Contentious Situations. Trained by Northumbria Police.
KRONOS Work Force Management. Trained to Administrator Level.
CAP , and
Ground Operations and Turnaround Management
Air Cargo Security Procedures and Protocols
ETOPS Route Planning
Emergency Response Procedures and Protocols
GSAT: Security awareness training
Accident, Incident & Crises Management
Accident and Incident Investigation at site of including Root Cause Analysis
Adverse weather operations including low visibility and surface friction
Ground security and disruptive passengers
Financial Planning and budgeting
Comprehensive understanding of FIDs and schedule management systems
Fire safety and use of extinguishers
Driving in restricted areas