[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Operations Leadership International Sourcing Consumer Product Development Sales Operations
Accomplished Operations Executive with + years of significant contribution to consumer products companies through innovative leadership of offshore sourcing, product development, packaging, merchandising and distribution.
Enterprise Perspective savvy crossfunctional leader experienced in managing financial performance, product design, sales analysis and channel/partner marketing, product documentation and fulfillment.
Vendor Relations experienced sourcing, assessing and developing suppliers to perform as strategic partners. Negotiates and manages supplier processes for quality, cost, compliance and delivery per business objectives.
Global adept at managing International trade and business relations, extensive travel throughout Europe and Asia to facilitate factory inspections, perform global business planning activities and participate in industry events.
Areas of Expertise
Operations Leadership International Procurement Product / Packaging Design
Strategic Business Planning Offshore Vendor Management Sales & Trend Analysis
Product Management Product Safety & Import Compliance Merchandising & Display
Manufacturing Efficiencies Logistics / Transportation Programs Retail Channel Marketing
* Overhauled Screenlife&;s procedures for sourcing products from China. Reduced average unit cost by % for an annual savings of $. million in production costs with competitive bidding and working directly with factories.
* Achieved % import compliance record for Screenlife. Streamlined product documentation process, minimized account compliance chargebacks, improved warehouse efficiencies, and eliminated Customs/CPSIA issues.
* Led Mattel&;s firstever FOB shipping program supporting customized product within the Wholesale Club channel, increasing club sales by $ million in the first year.
* Initiated team reviews of Mattel customized seasonal sales programs to evaluate brand viability, categories and Channel product mix. Streamlined product selection, increased keydriver quotas and improved cost efficiencies. Identified weak seasonal products and realigned seasonal program focus; increased profitability by %.
* Managed a high profile customized product development project for Mattel; creating and delivering an $ million order for K units of an exclusive Hot Wheels play table for Sam&;s Club in only months a fraction of the normal leadtime for exclusive products.
SCREENLIFE, Seattle, WA
World&;s leading developer of DVD games. Annual revenues of $M+. Acquired by Paramount Pictures in .
Director of Operations Dec present
Director of Sales Support Feb Nov
Recruited to manage manufacturing through China and U.S. facilities. Manage interfaces with Finance, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Packaging and Print, ensuring products transition smoothly from inception to retail market.
* In , managed life cycle production of retail products to support $M in projected sales revenue.
* Revised product SKU formatting to track component production costs at an enhanced level of detail, allowing analysis that revealed additional costcutting opportunities.
Manage $+ million in production P/O&;s. Work with China and US suppliers to oversee product development and production. Drive coordination between Sales, Marketing, R&D, Print, and Project Managers to capture product details. Ensure definition of product data and BOMs for each SKU. Develop alternative solutions reducing cost of component design, materials, manufacturing processes and logistics.
* Specify product components, construction, assembly and pack out. Work with Sales to define optimum packaging sizes and case packs for all new products, and with Marketing and Print to ensure art and packaging design are aligned to production requirements.
* Assess and evaluate potential testing compliance issues with game components and packaging, and define solutions that minimize exposure.
Chuck J., pg
Manufacturing and Procurement
Directly manage production of all products in U.S. and China facilities. Source and manage vendors and selection process. Resolve production issues in China factories. Reduced costs yearoveryear by sourcing new vendors and initiating an annual RFQ process.
* Establish and manage product timelines between factories, secondary vendors, and Sales. Drive production averaging months per SKU to align manufacturing dates with market launch dates.
* Achieved % on time record for production schedules.
Product and Factory Compliance
Oversee product compliance testing at rd party facilities. Ensure factory certification with the International Council of Toy Industries ICTI and Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism CTPAT. Ensure compliance with Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act CPSIA and American Society for Testing and Materials ASTM requirements.
* Monitor updates to CPSIA and ASTM regulations to ensure ongoing company compliance.
* Maintain supporting legal documentation pertaining to CTPAT, ICTI certification, licensor authorization and Trademark Registrations to ensure exports/imports are compliant with US and China Customs.
* Track and document testing for all products carried in inventory, including any custom testing required by a licensor or retail account to assure specific compliance.
Import / Export and Distribution
Oversee shipping from China via freight forwarders. Coordinate between China factories, freight forwarders, and PL warehouses to manage transportation programs and ensure appropriate freight scheduling and tracking.
* Manage Distribution team comprised of order processing, shipping, EDI, account setup, and product documentation. Oversee new product setup documentation including SKUs, UPCs, ISBNs. Maintain Product Line List and distribution to Sales and accounts.
* Initiated and implemented bicoastal distribution. Significantly reduces landed costs, provides greater flexibility for fulfillment and shortens billing cycle.
+ Reduced China inbound transit times by days % faster.
* Manage China preproduction export documentation and all U.S. Customs documents including ISF + Dept. of Homeland Security, Country of Origin documentation and Certificate of Compliance security filings.
+ Achieved % Import compliance record.
Merchandising and Premiums
Manage the design and production of merchandising programs/displays including pallets, floor displays, CDUs, customized packaging, and premiums. Source POP displays domestically and offshore to support all retail channels.
* Coordinate art and packaging with Print and Marketing teams. Drive production and delivery of displays.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT Nov Dec
Consulted to National Sales Advantage, L&S Brokers and Screenlife Games. Managed and provided guidance on operations, account development, sales forecasting, merchandising, product development, sourcing and planning.
MATTEL, El Segundo, CA Jan Jan
The toy company in the world selling products in + countries. , employees in countries.
Senior Sales Operations Manager, Alternate Channels
Project Manager, Global Account Merchandising
Senior Sales Analyst, Account Development
Associate Customized Product Manager, Global Account Marketing
Retail Development Specialist, Worldwide Licensing & Merchandising
Channel Marketing Specialist, Mattel Interactive
Managed Sales Support, Merchandising, and Customized Product Groups under various job titles during eight company reorganizations in five years. Ensured brand strategies, budgets, and production schedules were achieved by aligning and managing support from Sales, Marketing, International/domestic vendors and manufacturers, Buyers, Packaging, Operations, Licensing, Finance, Legal, and Design and Product Planning.
* Managed customized product programs across brands to support accounts including Wholesale Clubs, Grocery/Drug channel, WalMart, KMart, KB Toys and ToysRUs.
* Worked closely with Buyers and Sales to develop merchandising and customized product programs.
Chuck J., pg
* Managed product life cycle through point of sale supporting $ million in annual sales revenue. Identified and resolved product, merchandising and production issues.
* Managed trade show exhibits including show logistics, exhibit design, booth layout, setup and staffing. Developed and sourced promotional products to support events and consumer shows.
* Reduced project development leadtime % by implementing procedures and streamlining communications and approval processes through multiple departments.
* Reduced merchandising display costs % by revising display formats and implemented an RFQ process.
* Created and sold an FOB program to BJ&;s Wholesale Club channels with three exclusive products assembled in China. Increased profitability for both Mattel and BJs.
* Managed several national sales accounts under Mattel Interactive in a joint Sales and Operations capacity. Exceeded yearend sales goal by %. Adjusted production quotas per demand, historic performance and segment trends.
+ As one of the last two Sales and Operations employees, asked to stay on board when Mattel Interactive division closed, became the sales contact for key accounts including Toys R Us, Ingram Micro, Best Buy, and Costco.
RAPID SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY RST, Aliso Viejo, CA
Taiwanbased manufacturer of OEM bicycle suspension forks and components with $M in annual sales.
VP of Sales & Marketing
Led the sales and marketing teams for RST&;s US division. Managed national bicycle accounts in North America such as Schwinn, Trek and Specialized. Managed distributors throughout the US and Europe. Produced all marketing materials including product videos for trade shows. Negotiated and sourced production of privatelabel accessory product lines.
* Liaised between Taiwan headquarters and accounts to facilitate product development, production, and forecasting. Managed the annual development and launch of new brands and product lines.
* Represented US division at global business summits in Taiwan to review market strategies and identify growth opportunities within channels.
* Managed trade show exhibits in the US, Europe and Asia, including logistics, design and staffing. Met with sales accounts, cultivated relations with distributors and suppliers, and sourced new product.
* Led development of marketing collateral and website design by agencies. Developed promotional products to support race events and consumer shows and coordinated the production of a commercial.
* Researched market trends, identified a consumer shift and successfully promoted hybrid bicycles to baby boomers. Realigned company&;s focus from racing market to premium hybrids. Sales increased % and drove the category for several years, reversing a declining trend in the domestic market.
LIYANG GROUP, Carson, CA
Taiwanbased OEM bicycle manufacturer.
Regional Sales Manager
Led a team of three and managed sales to independent bicycle retailers nationwide.
Coordinated trade show logistics; supervised exhibit design, booth layout, setup, and staffing.
* Landed Kiawah Island resort, a major hotel account. Created a customized bike program and managed the production of bicycles exclusively for the hotel.
* Managed marketing and advertising materials including product catalogs and copywriting. Developed product line specs and pricing.
* Instrumental in launching Liyang&;s "made in USA" program; coordinated the setup of a new assembly line and hired personnel to support production.
Bachelors of Architecture, University of Arizona year accredited AIA program.
Ongoing Professional Development includes courses in Consulting for Operations/Logistics, Merchandising and Displays, Sales Consulting and Product Development.